News apartment-bomb-squad-cars2

Published on April 16th, 2013 | by Trick

0

E-Cig Battery Causes Bomb Scare

apartment-bomb-squad-cars2Bomb squads were called out to an Oklahoma City apartment complex earlier today after reports of an explosion in the front office.

After sending in a robotic bomb sniffer, they discovered the remains of an electronic cigarette, the lithium battery having overheated and exploded.

A woman was taken into the hospital after breathing in fumes released in the explosion, and is listed in good condition.

This type of event isn’t limited to just e-cigarettes; the same type of batteries are in our cell phones and laptops, and explosions aren’t unheard-of. While there’s no definitive word on the cause of this battery explosion, we look at this as a not-so-gentle reminder that batteries can be dangerous, and should be handled with care.

E-cigarette battery cause for bomb scare at OKC apartment | KFOR.com

Photo courtesy of KFOR-TV, Oklahoma City

Tags: , ,


About the Author

Patrick (aka Trick) is an avid vaper who has traded an addiction to tobacco for an addiction to new vaping gear. When he’s not writing for Vape Squad, he can most often be found trying to translate the websites of foreign modders, prying the drip spouts out of new juice bottles, or stalking mail carriers.



Back to Top ↑

  • Recent


  • Follow Us on Facebook

  • Add Us to Your Circles

  • Follow Us on Twitter